We had a great time at Vacation Bible School this past week! We had 282 kids register with seven of those making a decision to put their faith and trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins. That is why we do VBS! We put a lot of resources into VBS so that as many children as possible in our community can hear the gospel. In addition to 7 kids responding to the gospel last week, we were able to plant and water many gospel seeds. We know that we are only responsible for the planting and watering. It is God who brings the harvest.
Having a great VBS wouldn’t have been possible without the help of countless people. I would like to take some time to thank everyone who helped make last week a success.
- Pastor Charlie. We are so blessed at our church to have a pastor that believes and participates in kids ministry. Not only did he do skits and help teach the kids, but he even helped do some decorating before VBS. Thanks for supporting our Kids!
- Church Staff. Judi & Carla in the office worked for weeks before VBS began whether it was making lanyards, ordering supplies, running background checks, etc. VBS would not have been possible without them. Glen made sure we had all of our audio/video needs. Derek served in many different ways from the three-year-olds to the preteens.
- Volunteers. We had so many people volunteer of their time last week. It was a huge blessing! In order to have as large a VBS as we did, we needed to have lots of volunteers and God definitely provided for us. Not only did He provide us a great quantity of volunteers but He provided us with great quality of volunteers as well. If you volunteered at VBS, thank you so much!
- Decorations. Courtney Hall (with the help of Camrynn) did a wonderful job on decorating the stage. We are so thankful that God has blessed her with creativity and that she willingly shares her gift with our church.
- You. Maybe you couldn’t come help with VBS but you prayed or brought cookies. Thank you so much as well. Both of those were greatly appreciated. VBS 2016 is in the books. Please continue to pray that we could connect some of the new families from VBS to our church. VBS 2017 is tentatively scheduled for June 26-30, 2017 and the theme is “Galactic Starveyors”. I am confident it will be another great week because all the great people of this church will step up again.