FBCER excited to kick-off ministry on Wednesday Night on August 24.
We believe that the years your child is in your house and in school are an extremely important time for spiritual growth. Because of that truth, we put a lot of effort into investing in the next generation on Wednesday nights! We have Planted & Rooted for our Pre-k thru 6th graders and Refuge for our 7th-12th graders. And don’t worry adults, we have stuff for you as well. We have two small groups for women, one small group for men and one small group for those with special needs. Below is detailed list of our Wednesday night schedule. If you would like to sign your child up for Planted, Rooted or Refuge use the form at the bottom of this page.
5:30 Dinner (Suggested donation of $3 per person, $10 per family)
6:30pm Planted, Rooted, Refuge & Adult Small Groups
- Planted & Rooted are an interactive time of worship and learning for Pre-K thru 6th Graders. Each week children will enjoy fun activities in age graded small groups as well as worship and valuable biblical teaching through skits, story-telling & videos. Children will gather in the Kids Wing and the doors open at 6:15pm.
- REFUGE is a weekly worship experience for our 7th-12th graders. Each week students will gather to be refreshed and recharged through worship and biblical preaching. (They might even play a game once and a while.) REFUGE happens at the annex located at 320 S Bickford Ave (building north of ERHS). Doors open at 6:00pm and close at 8:00pm. The bus will take students from main church campus to annex at 6:15. Students must be picked up from the annex by 8:00pm.
- Adult Small Groups
- “Redeemed” by Angela Thomas-Pharr will be led by Angela Lesperance in room 201. In this study, women will explore the practical side of redemption, inviting us to lean upon Jesus for our real help and hope.
- “Apologetics” will be led by Sue Marks in room 204. In this study, women will be challenged to know what the believe and why they believe it. They will be using the “Why Do You Believe That?” videos from Mary Jo Sharp and the classic book “Know Why You Believe” by Paul Little.
- “Seamless” by Angie Smith will be lead Jennifer Awbrey in room 203 beginning on September 7. Seamless covers the people, places and promises of the Bible, tying them together into the greater story of Scripture. Participants will gain an overarching understanding of the fundamental layout and meaning of God’s Word.
- “Multiply Pt. 4” led by Garland Delk in room 314. Men will be challenged to get into the Old Testament and gain a better understanding of it’s importance to our faith and our everyday life.
- “Prayer Gathering” meeting in room 202.
- “Joytones” led by Brenda Killgore. Our special needs bell choir meets in room 303 to practice together.