FBCER excited to kick-off ministry on Wednesday Night on August 29.
We believe that the years your child is in your house and in school are an extremely important time for spiritual growth. Because of that truth, we put a lot of effort into investing in the next generation on Wednesday nights! We have Planted & Rooted for our Pre-k thru 6th graders and Refuge for our 7th-12th graders. And don’t worry adults, we have stuff for you as well. We have two small groups for women, one small group for men, a new small group for parents and one small group for those with special needs. Below is detailed list of our Wednesday night schedule. If your child is new to Planted or Rooted please sign them up below. If they were a part of Wednesday nights last year then they are good to go. (childcare is provided for kids not in school if their parents are in a small group.)
5:30pm Dinner (Suggested donation of $3 per person, $10 per family)
6:00-6:30pm Prayer Gathering (meeting in room 311, childcare not available)
6:30pm Planted, Rooted, Refuge & Adult Small Groups
- Planted & Rooted are an interactive time of worship and learning for Pre-K thru 6th Graders. Each week children will enjoy fun activities in age graded small groups as well as worship and valuable biblical teaching through skits, story-telling & videos. Children will gather in the Kids Wing and the doors open at 6:15pm.
- REFUGE is a weekly worship experience for our 7th-12th graders. Each week students will gather to be refreshed and recharged through worship and biblical preaching. (They might even play a game once and a while.) REFUGE happens at the annex located at 320 S Bickford Ave (building north of ERHS). Doors open at 6:00pm and close at 8:00pm. The bus will take students from main church campus to annex at 6:15. Students must be picked up from the annex by 8:00pm.
- Adult Small Groups
- “Authentic” by James McDonald will be led by Carla Apple in room 204. In this study women will be introduced to spiritual disciplines that will help them develop a closer walk with God.
- “Psalm 23” by Jennifer Rothschild will be led by Kim Eisenhour in room 203. In this study women will gain fresh insight and encouragement from Psalm 23. Explore the depths of God’s compassionate care while debunking the self-reliance myth. Learn how your vulnerability is not a liability because you can trust the Shepherd’s goodness throughout each season of life.
- “The Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer will be led by Neletta Bowers in room 202. In this study women will realize the battle they face every day and learn how to combat our enemy through God’s power.
- Pastor Tyler will be leading a group for parents that will address some very practical everyday issues in room 201. This group will use a practical parenting seminar video teaching by Mark Jones and it will be a place for parents to celebrate and struggle together through this thing we call parenting.
- The Men’s Group is led by Garland Delk & TJ McCullough in room 314.
- “Joytones” led by Tonya Pope. Our special needs bell choir meets in room 303 to practice together.