Stay up to date with all of FBCER updates concerning Coronavirus by signing up for our text message updates here.
Coronavirus or COVID-19 has become an important concern for all of us. As followers of Christ we are not to live in fear but rather we walk by faith and trust in our Sovereign God. While we are told to “fear not” that does not mean we shouldn’t be cautious and prepared. Below are some ways FBCER leadership is being cautious as well as some precautions we can all take.
- Per the CDC Guidelines people should wash their hands and avoid touching their face.
- If you are sick or someone in your family is sick you should avoid gathering with us.
- People that are more at risk for sickness should also avoid social gatherings as well.
- Our church takes the sanitation of our building seriously and we are being extra diligent about keeping frequently used surfaces cleaned.
- At this point we still plan to have the Blount’s Sending Sunday on March 15. We will have one worship service at 10am followed by a meal.
- To limit the spread of germs:
- We ask all people to refrain from shaking hands
- The offering plates will not be passed but instead located at the exits for people to give as they leave (our safest option to avoid spreading illness is by giving online at fbcelreno.com/give or in the Realm Connect App)
- All food and drinks will be served instead of self-service
- The FBCER staff and lay leadership desire that all people in our community be safe and that this virus would not continue to spread.
- We will continue to monitor this fluid situation and make decisions about future gatherings as more information about this unfolds.
- We also encourage everyone to rely on information from the trusted experts at Center for Disease Control, Oklahoma Health Department and the World Health Organization.
- We also want to encourage the people of FBCER to seek the Lord during these uncertain times. Pray for our church, community, state, nation and world. Continue walking in obedience to God and don’t let anything this world throws at you deter from being faithful to Him.