What does a Missional Church look like?
January 31, 2011
5 Characteristics of a missional church
Through our identity series, we discussed the FBCER’s core values. In week 5 we addressed ‘Missional Living’, and why we feel that that it is such a big part of our calling as a church. In the following message on Sunday night, we gave some description of what a missional church looks like. Here are 5 of them(these were pulled from a variety of sources).
A missional church focuses:
- Not only how many people attend it’s services, but how many people it serves.
- Not only how many people attend our ministries, but how many we have equipped for ministry.
- Not only how many minister inside the church, but how many minister outside the church.
- Not only how we are connecting to our culture, but how are we engaging it.
- Not only how we immerse ourelves in Biblical teaching, but how we live it out.
If these are characteristics of being missional, are you? Is FBCER? I pray that we would constantly be mission for Christ.